Dirt, grime and airborne pollutants accumulate on a building’s exterior walls, encouraging mould and mildew growth, breaking down the paint coatings. Not only does washing your building regularly make it look better, but it will extend the lifespan of the paint coating on your cladding. At the Vault Group, we service a large array of buildings, from industrial warehouses and commercial buildings to residential housing.
The Vault Group can provide you with professional and reliable water blasting services second to none because:
- We offer both commercial and industrial building washing
- We can cater to a single project or tailor-make a schedule that suits your organisation
- We use a variety of methods, from pressure blasting to soft washing of exteriors
- We use HSNO approved chemicals
- We cater for small and large buildings located in inner and outer Auckland.
Combine with our or Window Washing services to give your site some TLC.
Call us today for an on-site visit. We can give your building a face-lift.
How often should my building be washed?
If you want your building to stay clean and beautiful, you should, as a general rule, have it washed once a year. At the very least, thoroughly examine your building exterior once a year to determine if it needs to be cleaned.
4 Factors to bear in mind when assessing if your building needs to be washed
1. Amount of rainfall
Rain, contrary to popular belief, does not keep your building clean. As soon as rain hits your building it will accumulate dirt from the roof and the walls actually making it more likely to adhere to the building.
Run your finger across the surface of your building’s exterior. If your finger comes away dirty, your building is in dire need of a wash.
For the best results your building should be washed during New Zealand’s Spring, Summer and Autumn, when the weather is milder. High levels of humidity create an ideal climate for mould and mildew to grow on the outside of your building. Both mould and mildew make your building look dirty.
4. Location & Surroundings
Your location and surrounding environment play a big part in the cleanliness of your building’s exterior.
- Are there a lot of trees throwing shade over parts of your building?
- How much traffic passes your building, especially trucks, traffic or machinery belching out exhaust fumes?
- Are buildings on either side of yours dirty?
- Are your shared employee spaces dirty?